Hello foodies, If you are thinking to make something amazing and a sweet ice cream sandwich then in this article we will learn to make a strawberry ice cream sandwich easily at home.
Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches are delicious and refreshing treat, perfect for any occasion. These sandwiches are the perfect combination of sweet, creamy strawberry ice cream sandwiched between two chewy, chocolatey cookies. They are a great dessert to serve at a party, or simply to enjoy on a hot summer day.
Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe Ingredients
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
For the Cookies
|cups all-purpose flour||2|
|cup cocoa powder||1/2|
|tsp baking soda||1|
|cup unsalted butter, softened||1|
|cup granulated sugar||1|
|tsp vanilla extract||1|
For the Ice Cream
|cup fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped||1|
|cup heavy cream||1|
|cup whole milk||1|
|cup granulated sugar||3/4|
|tsp vanilla extract||1/2|
Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla extract, and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until they are set and slightly firm to the touch.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, prepare the strawberry ice cream. In a blender or food processor, puree the strawberries until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Add the pureed strawberries to the milk mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions, until the ice cream is thick and creamy.
What to do next?
- Once the ice cream is ready, use a spoon or ice cream scoop to place a generous scoop of ice cream onto the flat side of one cookie.
- Place a second cookie on top of the ice cream, flat side down, and gently press down until the ice cream is evenly distributed.
- Repeat with the remaining cookies and ice cream until you have created all of your sandwiches.
- Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap or parchment paper and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until the ice cream is firm.
- Once the sandwiches are frozen, remove them from the freezer and allow them to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe Video
Watch this amazing ice cream sandwich recipe video
These Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect dessert for a hot summer day or any occasion! They are deliciously sweet and refreshing, and the combination of the creamy ice cream and chewy chocolate cookies is simply irresistible. Enjoy!
Read More – Pralines and Cream Ice Cream Recipe